What's Inside

What you'll find is a daily dose of musings, observations and inspiration of my path in seeking and living an adventurous life.

Please leave comments and feel free to share your own thoughts and musings.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

What I Would Tell My Younger Self

If I could go back and spend some time with my younger self there are a few things I would ask him to do.  Some of this may sound like I have regrets, however it's more of a reminder to continue to go after what I want and to encourage those I know, especially the next generation to pursue their dreams and that that there will be more dreams to follow as time goes on.


Spend time with your grandparents and your parents.  They will be gone sooner then you think.

Take that year off of school and travel.  You'll learn more in that year then 4 years of collage combined.

Skip school occasionally.  You'll have to catch up, but the freedom of getting out and recharging will be more then worth it.

Learn to dance.

Take that auto mechanics class even though you're a math and computer geek.  You future self will thank you!

Forget the idea of figuring out women.  It'll never happen and only make you frustrated if you try.

Trying to "fit in" is a waste of time and energy.  Be who you are and who you want to be and the right people will come into your life.  Trust me on this one.

Most of all, continue to have fun.  You don't have a choice in growing old, however growing up is an option.

I was introduced to the following video yesterday.  It's brilliant!

How To Age Gracefully

Gerald Trees
Musings And Observations Of An Adventurous Life Seeker

No comments:

Post a Comment