What's Inside

What you'll find is a daily dose of musings, observations and inspiration of my path in seeking and living an adventurous life.

Please leave comments and feel free to share your own thoughts and musings.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Do You Want Adventure? Travel!

Do you want adventure?  I'm going to assume your answer was "YES" because you're reading this so here we go.

Travel is adventure and it will change who you are without you trying.  Over the years I've had the opportunity to travel and so far my experiences have taught me more about myself and others then any book or class could.

Saturday night in the main square in Peru's second largest city, Arequipa.  I never expected to see a car show / cruise-in but that's I found.

In contrast, this is what life is like in rural Peru.

Travel will change your perception of reality.  It's that simple.




Writer Aldus Huxley wrote -  “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.”  The same can be said for parts of your own country that you've never been.

I had heard many negative things about New York City and had little desire to visit the city.  After visiting there in 2015, my perception was changed and I will be heading back for a longer visit in 2016.  

My favorite quote on adventure and travel comes from Mark Jenkins.




Perception is our interpretation of realty.  It is influenced by our experiences, upbringing, what we read, what we hear and what others tell us.  If we stay in our own small corner of the world, our perception of reality can be distorted, dispassionate and cold.  By traveling to new places, even within our own country, we will grow and will see our world and others differently.  Travel may confirm you’re perception or change it.   The world does have it's ugly side and yet beauty can be found in every corner.  Be bold, get out of your comfort zone and see the world on your own terms.  Your perception of the world will become your own and not the views of someone else.

Gerald Trees
Musings And Observations Of An Adventurous Life Seeker

No comments:

Post a Comment