What's Inside

What you'll find is a daily dose of musings, observations and inspiration of my path in seeking and living an adventurous life.

Please leave comments and feel free to share your own thoughts and musings.

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Dream Big - Go Big!

Big dreams are powerful, exciting and scary.  When I was younger I would get into trouble for not paying attention in class and for doodling on my notebook paper.  I was dreaming about travel to far off places and drawing pictures of bicycles, motorcycles and airplanes.  Not necessarily together.

Somewhere along the way those dreams faded away, being covered up by college, a career and raising a family.  Of course there were those who would say that a farm kid from Idaho would never be able to achieve those dreams...

The great thing about dreams, especially big ones, is that there still inside waiting to be let out.  Sometimes they sneak out on their own to give you a glimpse of what could be.

For me those glimpses came in the form of having the opportunity to travel to central Mexico on 2006 for an eye care mission, being asked to ride to the Sturgis motorcycle rally (a long time bucket list item) in 2011 and a friend posing a challenge that I should travel to Peru with him for 2 weeks of riding motorcycles in the Andes.  



I could have said "NO" any of these opportunities and my dreams would have been further buried. Fortunately I said "YES" and now my dreams of travel and motorcycles have been put together for what's been a fun ride so far.



Dream Big - Go Big!

Gerald Trees
Seeking An Adventurous Life

No comments:

Post a Comment