What's Inside

What you'll find is a daily dose of musings, observations and inspiration of my path in seeking and living an adventurous life.

Please leave comments and feel free to share your own thoughts and musings.

Monday, January 18, 2016

What Good Has Happened Today?

When I talk to people my usual opening line is "how are you doing today?" and I know I'm going to get a variation of "I'm doing good" or "I'm doing bad".



Not long ago a friend, who is a student of how we use words and questions in business, proposed asking "What Good Has Happened Today?".

This "forces" the person to stop and think what good has happened to them during the day and most find something.  If they'er in a bad mood, this can change their attitude.   In the event that they're unable to think of something good that's happened, you'll know what mood they're in and realize that it has nothing to do with you.

I'm working on making this part of my introduction and the few times I've used it, it's made the conversation so much more interesting.

Seeking adventure involves getting to know people and this is an interesting and simple way to get them to open up in a positive way.

Have fun!

Gerald Trees
Musings And Observations Of An Adventurous Life Seeker


No comments:

Post a Comment