What's Inside

What you'll find is a daily dose of musings, observations and inspiration of my path in seeking and living an adventurous life.

Please leave comments and feel free to share your own thoughts and musings.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Less Stuff - More Life

A few years ago I spent 1/3 of a year on the road, living in hotel and motel rooms.  Part was for work and the rest was chasing a BMX racing dream with my son across western Canada and the US.  I basically lived in a one bedroom suite and out of a small duffle bag and backpack for 122 days.  I had a blast!

All I needed for two weeks in South America

Not long after that I began taking long trips on my motorcycle, lasting one or two weeks at a time.  The luggage capacity of a motorcycle is limited and so only the essentials could be packed.  A smaller duffle bag and backpack, if you will.  People would tell me that I needed more and yet when I'd get home I found there were items that never came out of the bag.  I could get by very well with less.

What I learned is that most of the stuff I spent years accumulated and time working to buy and maintain, I used very little.  Since then I've been working to get rid of the stuff I don't use and only buying what I need to live and have fun.  And I'm having more fun then I've had in a long time.

By having less stuff I have more time and money to travel and explore, which is my source of adventure.

If you want more adventure, consider less stuff.

Gerald Trees
Musings And Observations Of An Adventurous Life Seeker

No comments:

Post a Comment