What's Inside

What you'll find is a daily dose of musings, observations and inspiration of my path in seeking and living an adventurous life.

Please leave comments and feel free to share your own thoughts and musings.

Friday, January 29, 2016

It's A Small World After All

I apologize if the tune from the Disney ride gets stuck playing in your head, however the words do ring true.

The World is small!

Over the years I've met people I know who happened to be traveling to the same destination that I was.  I've also met strangers while traveling who happened to know the same people that I do.  Both are interesting as the chance of meeting someone you know or someone who knows someone you know while traveling seems small.

My most recent encounter is also the most "improbable" I've had to date.  So here we go...

While riding in Baja, Mexico with some friends during November 2015 I met Mirko from Serbia in the city of La Paz.  We happened to be staying at the same place and motorcyclists, regardless of where they're from are attracted to each other.  Mirko was riding through Mexico, on his way to Los Angeles before heading home and we were on our way back to San Diego before heading back to Canada.

La Paz, Baja Mexico

Not thinking too much of the encounter, our group headed to dinner and then off to sleep before an early morning exit to avoid the La Paz traffic.  Later the next day, I was stopped at a Pemex station for gas when Mirko rode in to fill up.  The first thing he did was come up to me and ask if I knew Sky?  I was surprised as I did know Sky.  I'd met Sky in August while riding in Utah with Great Southwest Moto Adventures and we became friends.  Sky lives in Las Vegas and is originally from Bosnia and Herzegovina.  Sky and Mirko are friends and Sky knew I was in Mexico and let Mirko know what my motorcycle looked like.

My friend Mirko is on the right.

My friend Sky having fun in Utah.

This chance encounter still seems miraculous to me.  However I'm also a believer in what my friend Sky says.  "Good people fined each other".

The best part of any adventure is meeting people and it's very special when the person you meet for the first time happens to know someone you do.  The world is small and the people we meet are more connected to us then we realize.

Gerald Trees
Musings And Observations Of An Adventurous Life Seeker

No comments:

Post a Comment