What's Inside

What you'll find is a daily dose of musings, observations and inspiration of my path in seeking and living an adventurous life.

Please leave comments and feel free to share your own thoughts and musings.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

News "Blackout" By Choice - The Ultimate Vacation



I've just returned from a Spring trip to Baja, Mexico.  Myself and 5 friends rode our motorcycles to San Jose del Cabo in November of 2016 and it was time to bring them out, along with getting some much needed sun and time away from the office.

The Baja is a great place for a vacation if you like desert, cactus, sand, beautiful beaches with water to match, warm, friendly people and want to get away from the news of the world.  You see, outside of the more populated areas, there is limited connectivity to the outside world.

On this trip I made the decision to stay away from TV and chose not to look at the news from home or anywhere else for that matter when I could get online.  It was actually easier than I thought to "shut off" the news.

The 10 days in Mexico were relaxing, visiting with my friends, making new ones, eating way too much excellent food and seeing sights that were new.  I found that I wasn't missing anything by not knowing what was happening in North America politics or other news outside of what the locals were telling us about their part of the world.

Good friends!

I've been back for 3 days and I tried to watch the news my first day back and found my stress level going up so I turned it off.  I'm not burring my head in the proverbial sand, however I'm realizing more and more that much of what we're being fed is out of my control.  So, for the next few months I'm going to continue on my news blackout and focus on what's happening in my local world.

I challenge you to take your own News Blackout holiday and see what happens.  I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

Gerald Trees
Musings And Observations Of An Adventurous Life Seeker


No comments:

Post a Comment