What's Inside

What you'll find is a daily dose of musings, observations and inspiration of my path in seeking and living an adventurous life.

Please leave comments and feel free to share your own thoughts and musings.

Monday, March 21, 2016

What's Wrong With The World?

What's wrong with the world?

I am

You've probably compiled a mental list and are about ready to shout it out loud.  It's easy to take the snippets of the news and form an idea of what's wrong.  Unfortunately your view and mine are skewed by what the media reports, what friends and family say and our fears.

Over one hundred years ago British writer G. K. Chesterton was invited to write an essay on this subject.  To the question "What's wrong with the world?" he wrote, "I am."

Chesterton was an influential writer in his day and he was humble, which why his contemporaries, even those with differing opinions, had great respect for him.

When Chesterton was asked to write this essay (the invitation was made by a well know London news paper), he could have easily taken aim at government, religion, race, the wealthy, how some dressed, things we often look to today and yet he chose to look at himself.

For me, Chesterton's two word response was "eye opening" and caused me to look at myself and what I was doing to make the world a better place.  I quickly realized that it wasn't much, which has set me off on a new adventure.

I'm going to stop here as I would like anyone reading this to gain their own meaning and answer to "What's wrong with the world?"

Gerald Trees
Musings And Observations Of An Adventurous Life Seeker

No comments:

Post a Comment