What's Inside

What you'll find is a daily dose of musings, observations and inspiration of my path in seeking and living an adventurous life.

Please leave comments and feel free to share your own thoughts and musings.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Adventure Close To Home

We often think that to have an adventure or do something exciting we must travel to a far away place and spend a lot of money.  Of course planning must take place too.  Time off work, travel arrangements, what should I bring...  The planning list can be an adventure in itself.

I'm here to tell you that adventure can be found close to where you live.

I'm sure some of you are already saying "I live in a boring place" or "I've done all there is to do" and you may be right, however I'll be bold enough to say "probably not".

I've lived in the town below where I took this photo for 26 years and didn't know this spot existed until yesterday.


Here are some ideas that may help.


  1. Look up the tourist information on your area.  I've found more places to visit and things to do that I was unaware of by doing this.
  2. Visit a local museum.  Even small communities have them and the exhibits are always changing and may even provide insight into where you live that you never knew about.
  3. Go for a walk in a different area or neighbourhood.
  4. Be a "tourist" in the town closest to yours.
  5. Take a drive down a road you've never been down before.  You never know what you'll find until you go.
  6. Do something you've never done before.
Another local gem that I didn't know about until a friend mentioned it.

Local adventure is fun and can be had every weekend.


Gerald Trees
Musings And Observations Of An Adventurous Life Seeker

No comments:

Post a Comment